9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The CFPB examination manual’s UDAAP (unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices) section addresses the importance of the consumer complaint process. UDAAP violations can cause significant financial injury to consumers, erode consumer confidence, and undermine the financial marketplace. Bottom line – everyone wants to avoid UDAAP issues!
Consumer complaints play a key role in detecting potential UDAAP issues and are an essential information source for regulatory examinations, enforcement, and rule-making. Complaints also have the potential to flag compliance management weaknesses, including training, internal controls, and monitoring. This jam-packed session will review best practices, procedures, and tools to strengthen your UDAAP compliance program!
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- UDAAP and consumer complaint policy language
- Examples of unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices and how to avoid them
- Guidelines to govern fee waivers for both deposit and loan products
- Defining and training staff on consumer complaints
- Tracking, responding to, and reporting consumer complaints to the board
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample UDAAP policy
- Sample UDAAP risk assessment
- Consumer complaint log
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, branch managers, and internal auditors.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.