9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Got a tale to tell? Do your credit memos and loan narratives effectively convey the borrower’s story? Do they contain the key components and provide clear credit risk conclusions? Learn to develop meaningful write-ups that will satisfy underwriters – and examiners.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify the objectives of a credit memo, so you know what to include and exclude
- Understand the components of credit analysis, including different terms, exposure summary, financial analysis, collateral, etc.
- Define and consider key financial ratios
- Structure a strong summary narrative
- Know what examiners look for in a sensitivity analysis (stress testing)
- Draw clear credit risk conclusions and identify strengths, weaknesses, and mitigants
- Avoid common examiner criticisms in credit write-ups
The purpose of the credit memo and loan narrative is to tell the borrower's story. They are the basis for making credit approval and renewal decisions. They are also used for detailing ongoing account management for loan relationships and maintaining pertinent information regarding material developments or changes in the quality or nature of the credit or borrower over the life of the loan. The underwriter needs a clear picture to make the best approval and renewal decision. Whether it is a consumer, real estate, or commercial credit, an effective credit memo/loan narrative is imperative for both safety and soundness and compliance.
A well-written credit memo assists:
- Loan officers and underwriters in making a strong credit decision (now and in the future for possible renewals)
- Directors on the loan committee to make a strong credit decision
- Loan Review Officers in understanding a credit being reviewed
- In documenting workout strategies for problem credits
- Examiners when reviewing your files
This session will cover how to develop meaningful write-ups that clearly document the credit/loan being considered. It will go step-by-step through the process and provide samples so you may compare what you are using and/or develop a new process.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for commercial lenders, credit analysts, and commercial loan administration professionals. Directors on the loan committee will also benefit.
- Two sample formats to use to develop/strengthen credit memos
- List of online resources for industry analysis
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|2020 Commercial Lending Series|
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.