9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Will your BSA/AML program pass the next exam? BSA/AML programs require constant updating due to the evolving threats of money laundering, financial crimes, and regulatory changes. Do you know about the important issues ranging from beneficial ownership to marijuana-related businesses? This webinar will focus on current and upcoming regulatory expectations, including the new beneficial ownership rule, effective May 11, 2018, and recent FinCEN advisories. It will highlight “hot” issues and provide key take-aways that will strengthen your institution’s BSA/AML program.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Regulatory expectations for BSA and anti-money laundering (AML) risks
- Including recent FinCEN advisories addressing mandatory reporting of cyber-enabled crime, adequate AML testing and effectiveness, and anticipated changes to the BSA exam manual
- Highlights of law enforcement cases, including FinCEN’s actions against individual employees
- FinCEN warning about combatting elder financial exploitation
- Department of Justice changes regarding marijuana-related businesses announced on January 4, 2018
- Beneficial owner and CDD rule changes effective May 11, 2018, including verification of a “legal entity”
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- SAR checklist to identify, monitor, and report suspicious activity based on BSA exam procedures and the risk assessment process
- Sample BSA responsibility matrix, including SAR monitoring and CIP
- Sample CDD policy for new beneficial ownership requirements and the fifth pillar of BSA
- SAR investigation report template
- Format for quarterly BSA/AML/OFAC reporting to the board
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for anyone with BSA/AML responsibility, especially designated BSA Officers and staff, senior management, security/risk managers, compliance officers, auditors, legal counsel, and trainers.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.