This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Properly setting up accounts for interest reporting is an important step when opening an account. Missteps, mistakes, and mismatches can be very expensive. Learn best practices for managing mismatches and increasing accuracy with W-9s and W-8BENs.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Properly set up accounts for interest reporting (W-9s and W-8BENs)
- Respond to CP2100 with proper B notices
- Understand how the IRS reads names and sets controls
- Discuss how frontline procedures can cost big in the back-of-the-house operations
- Manage disregarded entities such as LLCs
- Identify who uses SSN or EIN on sole proprietors
- Handle accountholder marriages or divorces
- Report interest for nonresident aliens
IRS reporting begins at account set up. From new accounts to bookkeeping, improper procedures can result in thousands of dollars in IRS fines on interest reporting and liability. This program will teach you how to set up accounts for tax reporting. Learn how to work the mismatches so you don’t get fined. This is a must-attend program for the frontline and the back-of-the-house staff who manage the mismatches and CP2100 reports and B notices.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This jam-packed webinar will benefit deposit operations, deposit compliance, bookkeeping, branch administration, new accounts, branch managers, trainers, and all branch staff.
- Withholding supplement
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.