9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Don’t be fooled by the familiar list of priorities! Behind each one stands an evolving agency view of the risk facing credit unions during these unprecedented times. You need to understand how the NCUA views each item right now and how you can present your credit union’s story effectively.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the focus of the current examination program
- Appreciate the impact of NCUA’s 2021 supervisory priorities
- Employ improved examination preparation strategies
- Access more examination resources
The NCUA has issued three sets of supervisory priorities in the last 12 months as it continues to “covidize” examination expectations in recognition of the pandemic’s increasing impact on credit union operations. The 2021 priorities include nine primary areas of supervisory focus:
- Allowance for Loan and Lease Loss
- Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)
- Consumer Financial Protection
- Credit Risk Management
- Information Systems and Assurance (Cybersecurity)
- LIBOR Transition
- Liquidity Risk
- Serving Hemp Related Businesses
Big or small, well run or not, every credit union will undergo regular and rhythmical examinations. A well-prepared credit union can reduce stress and increase the exam efficiency by telling your story effectively rather than defensively. Join credit union attorney and examination veteran, David Reed, as he cuts through the regulatory speak and guides you through each examination priority and how your credit union can highlight its understanding and risk management processes for each.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for senior executives, directors, supervisory committee members, managers, compliance staff, audit staff, and anyone involved with examinations.
- NCUA 2021 supervisory priorities
- Regulatory guidance on each priority
- NCUA acronym glossary
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Unpack NCUA's Revised 2020 Supervisory Priorities Before Your Next Exam"
September 15, 2020
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.