BSA Compliance Series:
New BSA Officer Training
Thursday, June 22, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
This webinar is designed for the new BSA officer. First, there will be a general overview of BSA requirements and real-life scenarios. Participants will quickly learn which areas in their institution require further research and which are well in hand. Second, day-to-day, operational, and other critical issues a new BSA officer needs to know will be addressed. Being a BSA officer requires technical knowledge, an ability to navigate and negotiate among entities within the organization, and the capability to deal with the auditors and regulators who are looking over your shoulder.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Real life for the BSA officer
- Risk assessment overview
- Requirements of CTRs and SARs
- Permissible sharing of information between financial institutions – 314(a) and 314(b)
- Customer/member due diligence and enhanced due diligence
- The real requirements of a BSA review – not “What is the minimum we can do?”
- Navigating the BSA players within the institution
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Manual will provide additional information and resources far beyond what will be addressed and will provide a roadmap to navigate the BSA requirements
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for BSA officers who are relatively new. Others will find the information a good refresher – including more experienced BSA officers, management, and any personnel who work with BSA.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.