Thursday, November 2, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The number of consumer bankruptcies in 2017 surpassed 2016. For a creditor, the consumer bankruptcy process is complicated, time-consuming, and expensive. Many creditors waste time and money handling consumer bankruptcies because they don’t effectively utilize the available options and strategies. This webinar will explain the cost-effective options and strategies that your institution should use to better enforce your rights, including preference payments, cram-downs, reaffirmation agreements, and rights of setoff.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- When to file a proof of claim
- Attending the meeting of creditors
- Using reaffirmation agreements
- When to repossess collateral
- Exercising common law right of setoff
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Links to the United States Bankruptcy Court site to obtain forms that can be completed online
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
RELATED WEBINAR STILL AVAILABLE!
|"My Borrower Filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy – Now What?"
Tuesday, June 27, 2017
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be useful to loan officers, loan operations personnel, credit administration staff, collectors, attorneys, loss mitigation staff, managers, and others involved in the collection process.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.