Preparing for Reg CC Rule Changes Part 1: Impact, Detailed Changes & Action Plan
Monday, September 11, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
On May 31, 2017, the Federal Reserve Board announced the long-awaited final amendments to Regulation CC. The 232-page rule, effective July 1, 2018, updates the check collection and return provisions to reflect the evolution from the paper-based system of yesteryear to the electronic check collection system of today. In addition, the FRB has proposed language to amend current liability provisions for substitute or electronic checks.
What are the important changes? How will they impact your institution? Part 1 of this two-part series will provide a detailed overview of the amended regulation and provide an action plan for successful implementation and compliance.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Current vs. new check collection requirements
- Review of warranties and indemnities now applicable to checks collected and returned electronically
- New requirements and procedures for "late return" claims
- Overview of the proposed FRB amendment and how it would impact your institution
- Tips for how to prepare for effective implementation of the Reg CC changes
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Amended Regulation CC fact sheet
- Action plan for Regulation CC change implementation
- Sample Regulation CC policy, including updated language
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
PART 2 STILL AVAILABLE!"Preparing for Reg CC Rule Changes Part 2:
Operations Systems, Audit & Reporting Implications"
Monday, October 2, 2017
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for deposit operations personnel, auditors, frontline staff, and compliance officers.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide credit union webinars on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. For more information on credit union education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.