Real Estate Series:
Adverse Action in Mortgage Lending: Are You in Compliance?
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Fair lending and Regulation B requirements for adverse action notification in mortgage lending can be very confusing. This webinar will cover the proper, timely handling of denial notices and address problem areas – and how to avoid them! Inconsistent, inaccurate notices could cause your institution to be required to go back six months, review past notices, and resend accurate denial notices. (Imagine the reaction of a past, unsuccessful borrower who receives a reminder denial notice!) Also, examiners are turning up the heat on adverse action notices, so your staff must know the ins and outs of the compliance requirements. Join us for this important session to learn how to navigate the denied mortgage loan requirements.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Inquiry versus application – when does an inquiry become an application?
- FACT Act requirements for denial notices
- What are the requirements for incomplete or withdrawn applications?
- Handling counteroffers
- Common errors in completing adverse action notices
- Second reviews of adverse action notices for fair lending purposes
- Comparative file review for fair lending on denials
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Cheat sheet to help lenders understand what each denial reason on the notice means and which ones to use in different scenarios
- Sample fair lending policy statement (that links adverse action and fair lending)
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Don’t Miss the Other Real Estate Series Webinars!
|Sign up for the entire series and receive 6 webinars for the price of 5!|
|Click here to learn more about the Real Estate Series|
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is necessary for all loan officers, loan processors responsible for denials, compliance officers, and auditors.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide credit union webinars on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. For more information on credit union education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.