Regulation E Series:
Auditing for Regulation E Compliance
Thursday, November 9, 2017
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
As the financial industry becomes more centered around electronic services, errors can easily happen. Regulation E has clear requirements for error resolution. In addition, many services touch on Reg E for other reasons (opt-out for some services, additional disclosure requirements, etc.). This session is designed to assist compliance officers and auditors in conducting a thorough review of your institution’s policies, procedures, disclosures, and error resolution to ensure full compliance with all Reg E requirements. Sample checklists and an audit report format will be provided.
Special Note Regarding Prepaid Card Changes: Open-loop reloadable gift cards fall under the new requirements, effective April 1, 2018. This program will briefly address some pre-audit considerations, especially related to error resolution.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Types of transactions and services that are considered electronic that fall under Regulation E's requirements
- How to audit for issuance of access devices, initial and subsequent disclosures, overdraft programs, and more
- Special segment on auditing the most important area of Reg E – error resolution
- How audit procedures can mitigate accountholder and institution risk
- Prepaid cards – pre-audit work to ensure you are prepared for the April 1, 2018, changes, particularly regarding error resolution
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample audit request memo, checklists, and a sample audit report format
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Don’t Miss the Other Regulation E Series Webinars!
|Sign up for the entire series and receive 6 webinars for the price of 5!|
|Click here to learn more about the Regulation E Series|
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, auditors, and anyone responsible for error-resolution requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide credit union webinars on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. For more information on credit union education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.