9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Complications abound when an accountholder dies. A vast array of legal and compliance rules impact account ownership, access, whether checks can be paid or deposited, and more. Attend this illuminating webinar and learn to confidently handle these delicate issues during a very difficult time.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Distinguish probate versus non-probate transfers
- Determine whether the will or signature card governs
- Identify what can bypass wills, PODs, IRAs, and JTWROS
- Understand living trusts and successor trustees
- Know when an accountholder is deceased
- Pinpoint when small estate affidavits can be used
- Explain what happens to powers of attorney, authorized signers, etc.
- Describe how IRAs, HSAs, and UTMAs are affected
- Know whether sole proprietorships cease at death
- Understand NCUA insurance issues
Your accountholder passed away and the family is grieving. Yet, in the midst of remembering and honoring a life, the legal and compliance clock is ticking. In most states, checks can only be paid for 10 days after the date of death.
When your depositor dies, many issues and questions arise. Who can have account information? Who owns the account? Can the account be accessed? What happens with powers of attorney and authorized signers? Can the spouse of a sole proprietor continue to access the account? What about that last tax refund check? Is the account still insured? Can a check be written to a funeral home? What about the checks coming in to pay funeral expenses? Learn about checks, IRAs, deposit ownership, trusts, UTMA, affidavits of heirship, and other complex issues that can occur when a depositor dies.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This webinar is designed for service representatives, branch administration, branch managers, tellers, training and development staff, compliance personnel, and anyone who handles consumer deposit accounts.
- Handbook on opening and handling accounts at death
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"10 Lessons Learned When a Borrower Dies"
Tuesday, November 17, 2020
"Deposit Account Series: Compliance at Account Opening"
January 15, 2020
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.