9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Do you understand the available options for dealing with troubled commercial loans? What is the risk exposure for each? What if the delinquency is COVID-caused? Does the pandemic change any aspect of TDRs? Join us to learn how to determine which collection option is best for your financial institution.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Use and comply with the regulatory guidance issued to lenders dealing with troubled loans caused by the COVID pandemic
- Evaluate the alternatives – deferral, workout, forbearance, receivership, deed in lieu, marshalling of assets, repossession of personal property, foreclosure on real property, and deficiency judgments
- Take the proper steps to accomplish each alternative
- Protect your institution from potential liability
- Describe what constitutes a troubled debt restructuring for reporting purposes
The COVID pandemic continues to impose significant adverse impacts on most commercial businesses. Financial institutions have worked prudently with commercial borrowers who have been unable to meet their loan obligations due to the COVID pandemic. But, where do we go from here?
There are several alternatives to consider when dealing with troubled loans, including a deferral, workout, forbearance, receivership, deed in lieu, marshalling of assets, repossession of personal property collateral, foreclosure on real property collateral, and deficiency judgments. Each alternative has a certain amount of risk exposure and making a mistake could result in losses that far exceed the loan amount. This webinar will cover all aspects of each alternative and the related risks. Understanding the proper steps for each scenario will help you properly evaluate which option is the best for your institution. In addition, the webinar will address what constitutes a troubled debt restructuring for reporting purposes related to the COVID pandemic.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all staff involved in the loan collection process, such as loan officers, workout officers, loan operations personnel, collectors, attorneys, auditors, compliance officers, and managers.
- Checklist of proactive steps to use with troubled borrowers
- FFIEC’s Joint Statement on Additional Loan Accommodations Related to COVID-19
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Collection Series: Troubled Debt Restructuring in the COVID Economy"
Wednesday, June 9, 2021
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.