This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The chargeback process is riddled with rules and time restrictions. Don’t risk a loss for your financial institution or card holder. Learn the ins and outs of debit card chargebacks to protect everyone’s rights.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Analyze the exception-related transaction data in an authorization message
- Differentiate the types of POS transactions
- Identify documents needed for the most common exception conditions
- Explain the dispute resolution cycle and maximum timeframes
- Distinguish fraud-related from non-fraud-related cardholder claims
- Name the chargeback reason codes used most often
Mastercard dispute resolution rules are complex. Your institution’s ability to recover funds from a merchant is primarily based on the authorization’s transaction data. Failure to adhere to the rules and time limits can result in a loss of chargeback rights – and a potential financial loss for you or your cardholder.
What information is needed from the cardholder? When are chargeback rights available? What if you cannot recover funds from the merchant through a chargeback? These questions and many more will be answered.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for operations professionals at financial institutions that issue Mastercard debit cards. The content is suited for staff responsible for any aspect of your cardholders’ exception claims.
- Sample cardholder dispute form
- Quick reference comparison of Regulation E and Mastercard rules
- List of reference websites, including the Mastercard Rules and Chargeback Guide
- Employee training quiz
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Visa Debit Card Chargebacks"
Wednesday, December 8, 2021
"Comparing Regulation E with Visa & Mastercard Rules"
August 3, 2021
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.