This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Is the signature genuine? Is the signer the appropriate party? Does the signer have legal capacity? What are the parameters of the Medallion program? Attend this webinar to learn the answers to these questions and more, including how to mitigate risk of loss.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Distinguish among the various types of signature guarantees
- Explain the STAMP Medallion Program and its requirements
- Identify situations when Medallion or signature guarantees are used
- Analyze the potential liability to your institution and how to reduce that risk
- Determine the proper questions to ask to mitigate risk
Signature guarantees are not new, but the financial losses and administrative problems associated with them are increasing because many institutions do not understand the responsibilities and liabilities assumed when guaranteeing a signature or using a Medallion stamp. It is imperative that all financial institutions that issue or accept signature guarantees have effective internal controls to mitigate the associated losses and problems. Do you know the differences between the various signature guarantees, including the STAMP Medallion Program? Join us to learn the situations in which each type of signature guarantee is required, including analysis of the related risks and liabilities.
NOTE: This seminar is not sponsored by or affiliated with the STAMP Medallion Program.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for any staff member that issues or accepts signature guarantees or participates in the STAMP Medallion Program.
- Checklist of questions to ask before guaranteeing a signature or using a Medallion stamp
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Notary Compliance, Including Virtual Notarization"
October 14, 2021
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.