This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Splashy, sophisticated, sassy, or silly? How would you describe your promotions? Hopefully “compliant” would be at the top of your list. Join us to learn how to analyze and assess the compliance risks attendant to any kind of marketing effort. Then maybe your description would also include “successful!”
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the requirements for promotional rate offers for open-end credit
- Properly use the “one-click rule” when advertising online, including in social media
- Determine additional Truth in Savings disclosure requirements for bonuses
- Review sweepstake/drawing promotions for key provisions and terms
- Explain best practices for institution-run contests
- Analyze the compliance and legal risks related to unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices
Being able to catch a consumer’s eye – and retain their attention – with your institution’s latest offer is difficult enough. Now, add the complex and detailed regulatory requirements related to promoting special offers, bonuses, and sweepstakes – not to mention the always present unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices (UDAAP) risks. As regulators continue to focus closely on the specific offers and overall messages to consumers, financial institutions must ensure their advertisements and promotions not only meet the specific regulatory requirements but also clearly and transparently explain the steps a consumer must take to qualify for the offer.
This webinar session is designed to provide marketing, compliance, and audit teams the ability to analyze and assess compliance risks related to their marketing campaigns. By understanding these risks in advance, they will be prepared to ensure their disclosures are upfront, clear, and transparent to consumers.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit marketing, compliance, and audit teams and enhance their ability to conduct compliant marketing campaigns.
- Checklists for introductory or promotional rate offers (lines of credit, HELOCs, and credit cards)
- List of 10 common compliance mistakes in advertising, with regulatory citations
- Article outlining advertising review tips
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.