This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Proper handling of escrow accounts and flood insurance is critical. No one wants to find themselves on the wrong side of an enforcement action or lawsuit. Attend this webinar to learn the important aspects of these two issues, including initial calculation and notice requirements.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Calculate the amount of flood insurance coverage and escrow payments
- Use the escrow account and flood insurance model forms
- Define when flood insurance is required
- Explain when insurance can be force-placed
- Distinguish between the requirements for shortages and deficiency replenishments on escrow
Improper handling of escrow accounts and flood insurance has led to enforcement actions and litigations. Escrow for taxes and insurance (AKA impound accounts), whether voluntary or required, comes with a host of calculation and notification requirements. The same is true for flood insurance. Unfortunately, mistakes and miscalculations can cause examination issues, consumer complaints, and risk. This webinar will explore these two issues from initial calculation and notice requirements to ongoing annual and other requirements.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to staff members who deal with initial and ongoing escrow and flood insurance requirements and notices, as well as those who work with outside third parties charged with these responsibilities. Audit, compliance, and risk management staff will also benefit.
- Escrow and flood calculation examples
- Links to online model notices and forms
- Timeline references
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Deep Dive into Force-Placed Flood Insurance"
Tuesday, February 15, 2022
"Preparing for Examination Under the Mortgage Servicing Rules "
Wednesday, October 12, 2022
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.