This is a 90-minute webinar.
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
BSA has been like the 2020 bouncy ball of compliance. BSA issues and challenges are everywhere, yet sometimes elusive and difficult to grasp – especially with the added pandemic disruptions. The changes have been rapid and more are coming. This is the perfect opportunity to get up to speed on BSA and effectively manage whatever is thrown at you.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Effectively manage your BSA/AML program in 2021 and identify key risks
- Understand the impact of the April 2020 BSA/AML examination manual updates
- Determine the effect of FinCEN’s guidance on the BSA program in a year of rapid change and emerging risks from the pandemic
- Anticipate changes from FinCEN’s advanced notice of rulemaking on September 17, 2020, to “modernize” BSA/AML programs
- Manage the key challenges of:
- Elder financial exploitation
- CIP and CDD options for opening accounts online
- Enhanced due diligence
- CBD and hemp issues
- Beneficial ownership
- Lessons learned in recent enforcement actions
The pandemic has forced financial institutions to adapt delivery services and open accounts online through virtual banking. However, identity theft and other financial crimes increase the need for enhanced due diligence and greater risk assessment. Attend this year-end session to develop a strategy for 2021. Key BSA challenges will be examined to identify requirements and risk areas, as well as offer practical guidance and solutions.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for staff who manage the BSA/AML program and train employees. It will benefit BSA officers and staff, senior management, security/risk managers, compliance officers, auditors, and legal counsel.
- Template for a CDD policy and procedures
- SAR checklist to identify, monitor, and report suspicious activity based on BSA exam procedures and the risk assessment process
- Sample BSA responsibility matrix, including SAR monitoring and CIP
- Format for quarterly BSA/AML/OFAC reporting to the board
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Avoiding BSA Compliance Violations"
Wednesday, December 2, 2020
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.