9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Is it time to fire an employee? Has the disciplinary process run its course? Do you have proper grounds and sufficient documentation? Have you consulted with HR – or in-house counsel? Terminations are rife with potential issues. This webinar will contain real-life examples of terminations – done right and wrong. Learn what to do once a troubled employee is identified; what to document before, during, and after termination; and how to dismiss the employee in a compliant and humane manner. Participants will receive a sample termination checklist and sample questions to consider before going to HR.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- How to determine if it’s time for dismissal
- Progressive discipline versus discipline without punishment
- Questions in preparation of termination
- Documentation before, during, and after
- Post-termination review and lessons learned to prepare for next time
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample termination checklist
- Sample questions to consider before going to HR for permission
- Sample documentation
- Sample performance plan
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"The Fair Labor Standards Act: Dos & Don'ts of Exempt & Nonexempt Pay Issues"
Thursday, October 4, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for supervisors and managers responsible for terminating employees and all human resources personnel.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.