This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Credit risk administration is one of the most important functions of a financial institution because it is the lending process that feeds the local, regional, and national economies. The results of making good credit decisions provide institutions with their primary source of interest and fee income.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify resources that are available to credit administrators to measure the external condition of the financial industry
- Develop habits that are excellent for credit risk management, including:
- Knowing regulatory guidance governing the credit granting process
- Effective internal credit policies and procedures
- Choosing the right personnel to serve in credit risk management
- Outstanding credit underwriting standards
- Effective loan approval system
- Credit risk rating proficiency
- Loan documentation, loan portfolio, and problem-loan management skills
In the present economic environment, senior management must focus on the internal management of their loan portfolios. Risk assets typically compose 50-80% of a financial institution’s total assets and most of those are loans. Risk assets are viewed by the investment community as a means to establish the value and form the basis of capital requirements assigned by the regulators. The primary reason why financial institutions fail is because of making bad loans or not managing problem loans effectively. Therefore, proper credit administration is mandatory to protect an institution’s overall health.
This session will cover the most effective habits of institutions who have proven to be good credit risk administrators. At the end of this session, participants will be able to compare their institution’s credit risk management skills with other institutions that achieved regulatory favor for their ability to manage the lending function.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This timely webinar will benefit CEOs, COOs, senior loan officers, senior credit officers, commercial lending officers, credit analysts, branch managers with lending authority, and credit administration support staff.
- List of regulatory guidance governing credit risk management
- List of external resources available to monitor the financial industry
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Global Cash Flow Analysis for Underwriters & Credit Analysts"
April 20, 2021
"2021 Credit Analyst Series"
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.