9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The SECURE Act and CARES Act have drastically changed IRA distributions for many beneficiaries. Do you understand the changes and compliance requirements? What about the distribution options? Now is the time to get up to speed!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the fundamental concepts of the new beneficiary distribution rules under the SECURE Act and CARES Act
- Recognize the four most common categories of beneficiary designations
- Identify proper documentation of beneficiary designations
- Discuss allowable beneficiary distribution options
- Review sample quick reference beneficiary options chart
- Explain how the IRA owner’s age at death affects beneficiary options
- Determine how your IRA agreement may limit or affect beneficiary choices
Managing IRA beneficiary designations and explaining allowable distribution options to IRA beneficiaries may be the most complex area of administering an IRA program. Now the SECURE Act and CARES Act have dramatically changed the distribution requirements for many IRA beneficiaries. Learn the facts needed to confidently provide IRA beneficiaries with the information required to make informed decisions. This timely session will provide a solid understanding of current IRA beneficiary rules and important considerations.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This webinar will benefit staff who deal directly with IRA owners or who have IRA operational, compliance, or reporting responsibilities. Managers and individuals who hold insurance and securities licenses will gain a solid understanding of the new requirements for handling beneficiary accounts starting in 2020.
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Advanced IRA Beneficiary Issues: Death Distributions, Trusts & Successors,
Including SECURE & CARES Act Implications"
Wednesday, August 26, 2020
"Top IRA SECURE Act & COVID Rule Changes for 2020 Tax Year"
Tuesday, December 8, 2020
"Establishing & Amending Traditional & Roth IRAs,
Including COVID-19 & SECURE Act Impacts"
Tuesday, April 14, 2020
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.