This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
How much power is in that power of attorney? Do you know the different types and what they can do? What’s a living trust? How do POAs and living trusts affect deposit accounts and loans? Not sure? Get the scoop on both with this detailed presentation that includes checklists and questions to ask.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Distinguish various types of power of attorney documents (durable, springing, limited, military, etc.) and when they can be used
- Identify actions the attorney in fact and trustee can and cannot take on behalf of an accountholder
- Differentiate between an attorney in fact, representative payee, and an authorized or convenience signer
- Explain who can sign for the living trust and whether all trustees must sign the account and/or loan documents
- Reduce your institution’s risk of loss from powers of attorney and living trusts
Powers of attorney and living trust agreements are complex legal documents used to transact business with your financial institution daily. They can expose your institution to significant risk if the attorney in fact or trustee acts outside the scope of their authority – whether intentionally or innocently.
Opening a deposit account for a trust is substantially different from opening an account for an individual. Similarly, lending to a trust is considerably different from lending to an individual. Likewise, dealing with the attorney in fact is different from dealing with an actual accountholder. This webinar will explain everything you need to know about powers of attorney and living trusts involving deposit accounts and loan transactions.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit both deposit and loan operations, including new accounts personnel, loan documentation staff, loan officers, tellers, attorneys, compliance personnel, auditors, and managers.
- Checklist of items to request when opening a deposit account for a living trust
- Checklist of items to request when lending to a living trust
- Important questions to ask when accepting a power of attorney
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"New Accounts Series: 20 Legal Types of Accounts:
Ownership, Documentation & CIP"
Wednesday, September 8, 2021
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.