This is a 60-minute webinar.
10:00 am – 11:00 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm ET
Round out your HMDA knowledge with Part 3 of this three-part series. Learn how HMDA applies to commercial lending, including the nitty gritty requirements and problem areas to avoid. Real-life examples will be used to further illustrate how to use HMDA resources.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify common reporting problems for commercial loan applications:
- Distinguish between covered and excluded applications
- Know which structures are a dwelling for HMDA reporting
- Discern what counts as gross annual income
- Properly report demographic information; while corporations and partnerships are exempt, this information must be requested from “natural persons”
- Address complex issues with mixed-use dwellings, which often serve as collateral for commercial loans
- Use the CFPB and FFIEC HMDA resources more effectively
- Define the correct loan purpose
- Explain complex HMDA scenarios to lending staff, including new employees
This HMDA-focused webinar will review the fundamental requirements specific to commercial loan applications and focus on problem areas that can create HMDA reporting violations. Real-life examples will reference HMDA resources that can be used to improve training, identify potential reporting errors, and streamline verifying data integrity. This is the third webinar in a three-part series. Attend Parts 1 and 2 to learn more about application basics and collecting demographic information.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all employees who need to understand and manage HMDA reporting, including loan operations, loan officers, loan assistants, processors, compliance officers, and auditors.
- HMDA flow chart for 2020 activity, including updated resources from the CFPB
- Tool for collecting demographic information
- Step-by-step data collection definitions and important reporting tips
- Employee training quiz
- Interactive quiz
|"HMDA Reporting Part 2:
Collecting Demographic Information"
Thursday, October 28, 2021
"HMDA Reporting Part 1:
September 28, 2021
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.