9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Do you have a smooth process for ATM and debit card claims – or do wrinkles regularly arise? Would you like to have an easy-to-follow matrix to calculate your institution’s liability under Reg E? Although Reg E protects consumers, it lays a whole lot of responsibility and potential liability in the “lap” of financial institutions. Do you understand the intricacies? Join us to learn more.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain what constitutes an unauthorized transaction under Reg E
- Satisfy your institution’s Reg E responsibilities to accountholders and meet related deadlines
- Calculate your institution’s liability under Reg E depending on whether an ATM/debit card or other access device was used
- Understand what can and can’t be required of the accountholder
- Distinguish when Reg E or the Visa/MC rules apply
Regulation E protects consumers from unauthorized ATM and debit card transactions, which imposes many responsibilities and liabilities on financial institutions. Fraud losses continue to increase from counterfeit ATM/debit cards and the unauthorized use of validly issued ATM/debit cards. Reg E is a complex set of rules and deadlines that must be followed when responding to accountholder claims. Did you know that the Reg E rules are different depending on whether an ATM/debit card or other access device was actually used in the transaction? This webinar will explain how to properly handle all types of unauthorized ATM/debit card claims and how to accurately calculate the amount, if any, that must be reimbursed to the accountholder.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit all deposit staff, tellers, service representatives, new accounts personnel, account officers, managers, auditors, attorneys, and compliance staff.
- Easy-to-follow matrix to determine the dollar amount of your institution’s liability
- Model Reg E disclosures explaining the accountholder’s liability
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Fraud by Channel Type: Check, Debit, Credit, ACH & Wire"
July 8, 2020
"Debit & Prepaid Card Compliance: Disclosures, Fee Changes & More"
June 10, 2020
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.