This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Think you know all about AML? Think again! The recent passage of the National Defense Authorization Act included the most comprehensive set of reforms to the anti-money laundering (AML) laws since the USA PATRIOT Act was passed in 2001.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the expanded whistleblower protections and how those may lead to significantly increased civil and criminal enforcement of AML violations
- Avoid and protect your institution from new penalties
- Recognize how the AMLA strengthens FinCEN
- Explain the revised BSA declaration of purpose
The National Defense Authorization Act for FY 2021 was passed by the Senate despite a Presidential veto. The new provisions have serious implications for BSA programs regarding beneficial ownership, CTRs, and SARs. This webinar will break down the bill and go section-by-section through the money laundering piece and how it could impact your institution, including:
- A beneficial ownership database constructed by the federal government
- Streamlining SARs and CTRs
- A study to increase exemption levels for CTRs and thresholds
- New whistleblower protections
- A study on how to provide inclusion for charities and nonprofits
- Required annual training for examiners
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This timely webinar will benefit BSA officers, BSA staff, business department personnel, branch administration, deposit operations staff, trainers, branch staff, loan officers, and anyone who works with the Bank Secrecy Act or opens business accounts.
- Handbook with the bill’s complete text
- Executive summary
- Section-by-section summary
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Advanced BSA Officer Training: In-Depth Risk Issues & Difficult Situations"
March 3, 2021
"Beginning BSA Officer: What You Need to Know on Day 1"
January 26, 2021
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.