9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID) requirements continue to cause confusion for mortgage lenders. Specifically, the TRID tolerance levels and properly conducting the good-faith analysis of fees and charges are key concerns during TRID examinations and audits. This webinar will review mortgage lenders’ obligations to track, monitor, and comply with the various TRID tolerance levels. Examples will be used to demonstrate proper calculation of the 10% cumulative tolerance category and the associated good-faith analysis.
The training will analyze the increased difficulty presented by situations where multiple loan estimates have been issued and the need to determine which fees and charges to use for the good-faith analysis. Lenders’ options and requirements for providing tolerance cures will also be addressed. Attendees will learn TRID tolerance levels, best practices for tracking fees and charges, and the requirements for curing tolerances on the closing disclosure.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Conducting the good-faith analysis for tolerance violations
- Examples of when a revised loan estimate can “reset” tolerance levels
- Best practices for tracking revised disclosures and the appropriate fees for the good-faith analysis
- Options for providing tolerance cures on the closing disclosure
- Post-consummation events triggering a tolerance cure and corrected closing disclosure
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Examples of tolerance violations and cure processes
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Final Preparation for CFPB’s TRID Amendments, Effective October 1, 2018"
Wednesday, August 15, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for mortgage lenders, compliance staff, and audit teams. Having representatives from each department will ensure everyone is on the same page regarding the TRID tolerance levels and required cures.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.