10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Repossession and sale of collateral is an unpleasant last resort to collect on a loan. Making a mistake in the repossession process can result in your institution losing its right to pursue the debtor for a deficiency and cause substantial damage to the institution. This webinar will explain all aspects of the repossession process regarding non-real estate collateral, starting with the decision to repossess and ending with the disposition of the collateral at a private or public sale. Learn the steps to properly repossess and dispose of collateral under UCC Article 9.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- UCC Article 9 requirements
- Conducting self-help repossession
- Requirements for the notice of sale
- Aspects of a commercially reasonable sale
- What happens when the debtor files bankruptcy
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- UCC Article 9 repossession process checklist
- Form notice of UCC foreclosure sale
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all loan and collection personnel, including loan officers, loan operations staff, credit administration staff, managers, collectors, compliance officers, and attorneys.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.