9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Are you confident your credit union is retaining email and other electronic business records in compliance with the law, regulatory rules, and organizational guidelines? Email messages are no longer the only electronic business records financial institutions need to worry about. Today, electronic records are generated by a multitude of sources, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, apps, instant messaging, and texting. Failure to preserve, protect, and produce electronically stored information (ESI) in a timely and legal manner could result in protracted lawsuits, costly court sanctions, or regulatory audits. Formal policies, employee education, and best-in-class technology tools are key to compliance. Don’t leave record management to chance. Learn a seven-step strategy for the effective, compliant management of e-business records.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- What is an electronic business record?
- E-sign: What is it and what does it require?
- What do regulators and the law require when it comes to the retention and disposition of email and other ESI?
- Writing effective, best-practice-based electronic record retention policies
- Supporting your record retention policy with litigation hold rules
- Determining record lifecycles and deletion schedules for your credit union
- E-discovery: What courts require
- Ensuring your credit union’s email and other electronic records are legally valid
- Educating employees about their individual record retention roles
- Technology solutions: Best practices to support compliance
- Real-life disaster stories: Costly consequences of noncompliance
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Checklist: Seven Steps for Effective & Compliant E-Record Management
- Whitepaper: Electronic Record Management: Compliant Record Retention Policies & Procedures in the Age of Email & Social Media
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Imaged Documents & Checks: Regulations & Legal Concerns"
Wednesday, September 5, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Compliance officers, risk managers, records managers, IT directors, operations managers, and others charged with preserving, protecting, and producing ESI in compliance with legal, regulatory, and organizational guidelines will benefit from this program.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.