10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Current information, interpretations, and best practices will be discussed in this practical and easy-to-understand IRA portability session. Learn about recent and important rollover rule changes and responsibilities, common mistakes, and misunderstandings. Know your responsibilities when an IRA owner wants to self-certify in order to receive an extension of the 60-day rollover period. Learn why the once-every-12-month IRA-to-IRA rollover rule is often misunderstood. This session will also explain how the rollover rules differ depending on whether the distribution originated in an IRA vs. an employer-sponsored retirement plan.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- How to avoid costly mistakes when handling inherited (beneficiary) IRA rollovers and transfers
- Review proper titling of accounts and common pitfalls
- Handling employer retirement plan direct versus indirect IRA rollovers
- When two types of IRA rollover accounts may be needed
- In-kind distribution rollovers (distributions of securities and other non-cash assets)
- Avoiding errors with distributions and rollovers due to divorce
- Responsibilities of the IRA custodian versus the IRA owner when self-certifying for an extension of the 60-day rollover period
- When the once-every-12-month rollover rule does not apply
- Most common mistakes when rolling IRA assets into an employer retirement plan
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session will provide valuable information to staff who interact face-to-face with IRA owners or have IRA operational, compliance, or managerial responsibilities. Registered representatives and licensed insurance individuals will gain valuable insights into the nuances of properly handling IRA rollovers. This session will provide a thorough explanation of the many rules and responsibilities you need to understand, including common pitfalls to avoid when discussing and handling IRA rollovers.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.