This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Blunders, missteps, oversights, errors… no matter what you call them, mistakes happen all too often in the world of collections. This webinar will analyze 20 common mistakes in consumer collections, describe how to fix them, and detail how to avoid these landmines in the first place.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the most common collection mistakes and how to correct them
- Use the proper collection activities for the proper situation
- Distinguish between permissible and non-permissible collection activities
- Explain what constitutes an unfair, deceptive, or abusive act or practice in the collection of consumer debts
- Develop ways to reduce your institution’s risk of liability in its collection activities
Consumer debt collection remains a major source of complaints, lawsuits, and enforcement actions against financial institutions. There are numerous debt collection laws and regulations – and numerous opportunities for errors. Borrowers, their attorneys, and regulators are closely monitoring collection practices. Therefore, it is important to understand and implement proper collection procedures to avoid liability. This webinar will explain the most common consumer collection mistakes and how to reduce your institution’s liability risk.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit consumer loan officers, loan operations staff, credit administration personnel, collection staff, compliance officers, auditors, attorneys, managers, and others involved in the collection process.
- CFPB’s Debt Collection Rule – Small Entity Compliance Guide
- CFPB’s Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Annual Report
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Reducing Mortgage Delinquency: Proactive Protection of the Bottom Line"
Thursday, May 12, 2022
"Chapter 7 & 13 Consumer Bankruptcies: Special Rules, Cramdowns & Risks "
Tuesday, October 4, 2022
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.