9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Tricky cash transaction? Is a CTR required? This advanced session will go through various scenarios line-by-line and teach you how to gather accountholder information, improve accuracy, and avoid mistakes.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- File accurate CTRs for unique situations
- Detail the importance of providing all information your institution has on file
- Distinguish when to select “Shared Branching,” “Multiple Transactions,” or “Aggregate Transactions”
- Avoid common CTR errors
- Understand the procedures for amending and back filing CTRs
- Use the provided checklist to review CTR accuracy
- Maintain appropriate CTR supporting documentation
One $12,000 cash deposit into one individually owned checking account – a CTR you could file in your sleep. But what if cash is delivered by an armored car service on behalf of an accountholder? What if cash is deposited into multiple accounts with the same beneficial owner? What about depositing cash into an estate account? How many Part Is are needed for these CTRs? Which boxes get checked and when?
This session will review best practices for obtaining the required CTR information from accountholders. Scenarios will be provided, including those tricky transactions for joint accounts, fiduciaries, and IOLTAs. Each scenario will be covered line-by-line to demonstrate how to properly complete each CTR data field and avoid common mistakes. Join us for this in-depth session!
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for frontline staff, new account representatives, branch managers, BSA officers and staff, compliance officers, and anyone responsible for completing and/or reviewing CTRs.
- Sample CTR procedures
- Sample CTR scenarios for review and training
- Audit checklist for reviewing correct CTR completion
- Cheat sheet for avoiding CTR completion errors
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Fraud by Channel Type: Check, Debit, Credit, ACH & Wire"
July 8, 2020
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.