Are you confident your e-statement program is compliant with legal and regulatory guidelines? Do you adhere to E-SIGN and UETA? Is your enrollment process fully compliant? Do you allow accountholders to sign up for online banking in your lobby? Do your e-disclosures contain the required information, including mandatory technology guidelines? Could you provide evidence of accountholders’ affirmative consent if your e-statement program triggered a lawsuit or regulatory audit?
Many financial institutions have unwittingly established unlawful online banking programs that violate E-SIGN. If you are caught operating a noncompliant program, every e-statement you’ve ever sent could be deemed legally invalid. Regulatory fines, defense costs, and legal settlements could far exceed the potential savings e-statements provide. Attend this program to learn vital information about E-SIGN, UETA, e-statements, e-disclosures, affirmative electronic consent, record retention, and more. Participants will receive a checklist to determine if your e-statement program is well-managed and compliant with legal, regulatory, and organizational guidelines.
Recorded Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- What are E-SIGN and UETA and what do they require?
- Why and how do financial institutions typically mismanage E-SIGN compliance?
- Understanding and complying with E-SIGN consumer consent provisions and processes
- What constitutes a lawful, well-written e-disclosure?
- Why and how accountholders must prove technological competence to receive e-statements
- Is it lawful to enroll accountholders in your lobby or via mobile devices?
- Proving affirmative consent to courts and regulators
- What to do if your financial institution is violating E-SIGN
- Recognizing and avoiding common legal and compliance mistakes in e-statement programs
- Potentially costly consequences of noncompliance
- Answers to the most pressing e-statement questions
- Timely information, expert advice, best practices, and compliance tips to implement immediately
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Compliance checklist to determine if your e-statement program is well-managed and compliant
- Whitepaper on writing clear, effective, legally compliant e-disclosures
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This must-attend session will ensure legally compliant e-banking. Compliance officers, risk managers, records managers, online banking personnel, operations managers, business development managers, and others charged with managing electronic banking, E-SIGN, e-statements, e-disclosures, and electronic business records will benefit from this program.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.