This is a 90-minute webinar.
This is a morning webinar.
5:00 am – 6:30 am HST
8:00 am – 9:30 am PT
9:00 am – 10:30 am MT
10:00 am – 11:30 am CT
11:00 am – 12:30 pm ET
Are you a mortgage loan originator (MLO)? Do you understand the scope of federal regulations for MLOs? Are you receiving enough training and following the registration process? Attend this information-packed session and get prepared for your annual audit.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify who must be registered, understand which employees meet the definition of mortgage loan originator (MLO), and know which are exempt
- Complete the required steps in the initial and subsequent registration process, including proper use of forms, criminal background checks, fingerprinting, and MLO registration submission
- Verify the required policies, procedures, and compensation rules
- Complete nine required steps for the annual audit
- Ensure MLOs receive the periodic training required under Reg Z, commensurate with day-to-day origination responsibilities
What does it mean to be a mortgage loan originator in today’s world? Are the MLOs at your financial institution meeting the requirements? There are mandated registration procedures, and a compulsory annual independent audit. This webinar will address these rules, cover the SAFE Act requirements, provide an overview of the Loan Originator Compensation Requirements, and offer nine steps for auditing the SAFE Act. A concise summary of federal regulations that apply to mortgage lending will augment the overall MLO training requirements.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for internal auditors, SAFE Act administrators, compliance officers, mortgage loan managers, and MLOs.
- SAFE Act FAQs issued September 2019 by the CFPB
- Links to exam procedures
- SAFE Act compliance checklist
- Template for a SAFE Act audit
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.