10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The regulators’ request for your next examination arrives – and board and committee minutes are at the top of their list. Are yours complete? Have policy approvals, loan approvals, discussions, motions, and training been appropriately documented?
The board secretary is integral to efficient board meetings. This session will review the secretary’s responsibilities and provide best practices to enhance corporate governance administration, from planning and establishing the agenda and delivering the board package, to transcribing meeting notes and documenting details in the official minutes. In this dynamic industry involving corporate governance, compliance, and director liability, the critical role of the board secretary cannot be overstated. What are the dos and don’ts of this important role? How can the board secretary be more effective? This session will provide the answers to these questions and more.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Setting the agenda: communicating with directors and management
- Policies, officer designations, reports, and other items for board review
- Board reports – highlighting details that directors need to know
- Electronic board package – delivery, confidentiality, and IT considerations
- Required board training
- Documenting meeting details and crafting minutes
- Minutes: supporting documentation and record retention requirements
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample meeting agenda
- Sample policy review schedule
- Sample minutes format and language
- Sample audit/examination finding tracking log
- Electronic board packet procedures
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for board secretaries, directors, and senior management.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.