This is a 90-minute webinar.
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Regulators are emphasizing four key points when evaluating annual credit review processes. Do you know what they are? Is your institution identifying deteriorating commercial credits early enough to proactively mitigate default?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Discuss regulatory expectations surrounding the periodic review of credits as part of your institution’s credit management practice
- Distinguish between different review scopes and depths of review based on risk characteristics
- Define and discuss key attributes of the periodic review, including the surrounding primary, secondary, and tertiary repayment sources
- Guarantor support and global analysis
- Understanding “whom” to include as part of the annual or periodic review
- Understand the need for ongoing collateral monitoring and the importance it plays in the periodic review of credit risk
- Clearly identify red flags that may prompt a change in risk rating, or elevation to a more substantial review process (i.e., warning indicators of imminent default)
Regulators expect financial institutions to have a process in place (staffed by skilled individuals) that serves as an early warning system to identify deteriorating credit risk in loans. The annual credit review of commercial borrowers is the critical element of this process.
Regulators are emphasizing four key points. This webinar will cover each point and address how to satisfy regulatory expectations. In addition, while regulators allow financial institutions to establish processes for performing various levels of annual credit reviews, the criteria for each level needs to be clearly established by board-approved policy. Suggestions will be provided.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit credit analysts, commercial loan officers, loan review staff, chief lending officers, credit risk officers, and ALLL personnel.
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.