9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Do you know what HMDA reporting is required before and after this mid-year transition? Even in the midst of pandemonium, reporting is still required. Ensure you know what the rules are before the July 1 deadline – it just might be good news for your institution!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the impacts of the July 1, 2020, changes to the reporting threshold for closed-end loans subject to HMDA reporting
- Employ a tool for collecting demographic information based on whether the application was made in-person, by mail, or by phone
- Distinguish what activity is recorded in the first quarter of 2020 and NOT recorded in the second quarter, if your institution is excluded under the revised threshold
- Explain how and when demographic information must be requested under Reg B
- Determine which applications remain subject to HMDA reporting
- Identify common reporting challenges
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, the CFPB delivered some good news for financial institutions. Effective July 1, 2020, the final rule amends HMDA to increase the permanent threshold for collecting and reporting data on closed-end mortgage loans from 25 to 100 originated loans. This will significantly reduce the number of smaller filers who are originating fewer than 100 closed-end HMDA reportable loans. Attend this webinar and learn the impacts of the revised rules. It is important to understand that collecting demographic information is not a requirement exclusive to HMDA, and institutions should continue to collect information as required by the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B) for the purchase and refinance of a borrower’s principal residence.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is for staff who manage HMDA reporting, including loan operations staff, loan officers, loan assistants, processors, compliance officers, and auditors.
- HMDA flow chart for 2020 activity, including updated resources from the CFPB
- HMDA key data fields
- Action taken chart
- Tool for collecting demographic information
- HMDA compliance resources
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"HMDA: Still a Four-Letter Word?"
Thursday, July 16, 2020
"Common HMDA Violations & Challenges"
Thursday, March 12, 2020
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.