This is a 60-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:00 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm ET
Instances of fraud increase exponentially when conducting business online – including with E-SIGN. Although it’s convenient for both sides, the risks must be mitigated to make it worthwhile. Fraud screening must employ a multilayered approach to succeed in diminishing risk. Are your measures adequate?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Develop a robust risk mitigation strategy for online account opening
- Use FinCEN guidance to detect and report fraud related to identity theft, false unemployment insurance income claims, and cyber-enabled crime
- Identify red flags for identity theft
- Provide consumer protection tips to avoid identity theft and fraud
- Understand the importance of information security procedures
- Further ensure e-banking compliance
A global information security organization reported that 85 out of 100 financial institutions have experienced fraud in the digital account opening process. New account fraud rates in the online environment are eight times that of accounts opened in a branch. It is critical that financial institutions use multilayered methods of fraud screening. Some of these methods will include email-specific data, IP, phone, and physical address information. This session will explain the intersection of E-SIGN security and fraud detection and provide valuable tips for educating consumers and identifying fraud.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be valuable to compliance officers, risk managers, operations managers, business development managers, and others responsible for managing online banking, E-SIGN compliance, e-statements, and e-disclosures.
- Current exam procedures and online banking resources
- E-SIGN checklist and answers to common questions
- SAR checklist for fraud related to online accounts
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"e-Everything: Compliance in an Online Environment"
Wednesday, June 30, 2021
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.