9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Discrimination, disparate treatment, and disparate impact: three things you never want to see in an examiner’s findings. Do you understand how inadvertent discrimination can manifest? Has it unknowingly happened? Comparative file review can yield some answers.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand how inadvertent discrimination can occur (disparate treatment and disparate impact)
- Conduct a comparative file review that will pass muster with examiners
- Self-identify problematic lending policies and processes that could be construed as a fair lending or redlining issue
- Ensure your fair lending related policies are strong
- Be confident about your next fair lending exam
Although overt cases of lending discrimination are infrequent, disparate treatment or disparate impact can occur inadvertently. Examiners expect financial institutions to conduct comparative file reviews to identify potential fair lending issues – which you want to find well before an examiner does!
Awareness, monitoring, and periodic comparative file review can lessen the likelihood of adverse issues arising. This informative webinar will walk through the steps of a comparative file review and provide worksheets and a sample report format to make it easier.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to compliance officers, loan officers (commercial and consumer), lending support staff, and auditors. Board members and management will also benefit from this timely session, because they are ultimately responsible for your fair lending standards.
- Fair lending self-assessment questionnaire
- Excel spreadsheet for data capture (automatically generates trend analysis)
- HMDA data collection worksheet with all the required data fields
- Report boilerplate to summarize your analysis (for board reporting)
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Consumer Loan Underwriting Fundamentals:
Interviews, Credit Reports, Compliance & Debt Ratios"
Wednesday, June 3, 2020
"Top 10 Consumer Loan Documentation Mistakes"
Wednesday, July 1, 2020
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.