AVAILABLE ONLY VIA RECORDED WEBINAR + FREE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
Recording available Monday, April 2, 2018
The frontline is often the first – and most frequent – person-to-person interaction with your financial institution. Frontline employees perform critical tasks daily, including cashing checks and handling deposits and withdrawals. The frequency of these transactions – and the high turnover among frontline employees – increases your credit union’s loss and liability exposure. What basic skills and knowledge are required to safely and efficiently perform these duties? Does your frontline know the crucial elements of a valid endorsement and key security features of checks? How should business checks be handled? What is involved in verifying signatures?
This webinar will provide an introduction to the basic requirements for handling various types of checks and negotiable items. It is designed as a baseline training module that can be used and viewed repeatedly (and conveniently) as new hires are made.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- What are the elements of a negotiable instrument?
- Security features of a check or negotiable instrument
- How to read a check and verify the key components and legal requirements
- Keys to reading the MICR line – what the numbers mean
- Elements of personal checks, business checks, cashier’s checks, and money orders
- What are acceptable and unacceptable endorsements?
- Options for verifying signatures
- Recognizing good and bad checks
- Cash handling – recognizing currency security features
- Fraud prevention tips and best practices for the frontline
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Eight tips for being the most efficient teller
- Summary of 20 UCC provisions in plain English
- Guide to cash handling
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit tellers, new account representatives, member service representatives, staff who are new to financial services, and all employees who need a basic understanding of checks and negotiable instruments.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.