This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The FFIEC has adopted new procedures for business continuity and has recently updated Pandemic Guidance. Get the knowledge you need to shift from “developing” to “managing” your BCP, including activation of your pandemic plan. New glossary terms, examination objectives, board communication, auditor objectives, and pandemic planning will all be covered.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Use recently issued regulatory and federal guidance to withstand the pandemic
- Explain how to shift from developing to managing a business continuity plan (BCP)
- Discuss the 10 steps to the business continuity lifecycle
- Ensure the board receives adequate BCP communication
- Refer to the 38 new terms added to the examination manual glossary
- Use additional reference materials to further enhance the program
- Communicate the internal auditor’s role in assessing the BCP’s design effectiveness
- Guide management in preparing for the next phase of the pandemic
- Prepare to meet the 13 examination objectives outlined in the examination manual
Business continuity program expectations have expanded, and pandemic plans have been activated! Today’s accountholders expect resiliency! The recently updated Business Continuity Management booklet mirrors this by changing the emphasis from a plan to a never-ending lifecycle.
The goal of business continuity readiness is to successfully survive a live threat, whether a cybersecurity attack, hurricane, wildfire, flood, pandemic, etc. Therefore, you must successfully manage your institution’s BCP components to ensure preparedness for a real threat – and the next examination. Just like the emergence of new threats, such as the COVID-19 Pandemic and continued evolution of products and services, your BCP must keep pace. Join us to learn the updated examination procedures, how to incorporate the ten steps of the business continuity lifecycle, and actions to survive the Pandemic. In addition, communication with the board and your internal auditor’s role in assessing the BCP’s design effectiveness are key program components.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for senior management, business continuity team members, human resources managers, trainers, compliance officers, internal auditors, risk managers, security officers, and anyone responsible for business continuity management.
- Pandemic reference materials for your board, staff, and accountholders
- List of new terms added to the exam procedures glossary – great training tool
- Business continuity contract considerations for technology service providers
- Critical function worksheet in Excel
- Threat risk assessment in Excel
- Checklist for critical business continuity reporting to the board
- Audit exception tracking log in Excel
- Employee training log
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Crisis Considerations for Annual & Board Meetings:
Reschedule? Virtual? Cancel?"
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.