This is a 90-minute webinar.
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
It’s hard enough to have an accountholder alleging an EFT error. But do you know what to do next? Are you required to provide provisional credit or not? What are the deadlines? What if your accountholder won’t cooperate with the investigation? What if you don’t know the answers to these questions?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Employ best practices for conducting a Reg E investigation
- Know when provisional credit must be provided
- Distinguish between what can and can’t be required of the accountholder before giving provisional credit
- Meet specific deadlines for completing investigations and providing provisional credit
- Determine the proper dollar amount of provisional credit required by Reg E
Regulation E sets forth the legal framework that requires your institution to investigate alleged errors and unauthorized electronic fund transfers (EFTs) and to provide provisional credit to your accountholders within specific deadlines. Did you know that your institution is obligated to conduct an investigation even though your accountholder won’t cooperate with the investigation? Did you know your institution is obligated to provide provisional credit within the standard deadlines even though you haven’t received sufficient information from your core processor to conduct an investigation? Conversely, did you know that you aren’t required to provide provisional credit if the accountholder won’t sign a simple written statement regarding the alleged unauthorized EFT? This webinar will explain how to properly investigate alleged errors and unauthorized EFTs and when to properly provide provisional credit.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be useful to all deposit personnel, tellers, service representatives, new accounts personnel, account officers, managers, auditors, attorneys, and compliance personnel.
- Detailed sample form of investigation procedures including specific deadlines for providing provisional credit
- Easy-to-follow matrix to determine the dollar amount of provisional credit
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"5 Steps to Simplify Reg E Claims"
Thursday, May 13, 2021
"Reg E Investigation & Requirements for Debit Card Error Resolution"
Wednesday, October 20, 2021
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.