9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Garnishments and levies are a regular reality. However, improper handling of these complicated legal documents can expose your financial institution to considerable liability. Ensure your staff understands the nuances, notices, calculations, and requirements with this timely webinar.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain your institution’s legal responsibilities in processing garnishments and levies
- Understand special procedures for accounts containing federal benefit payments and how to calculate the accountholder’s protected amount
- Determine whether to attach a joint account or an account held by a trust, sole proprietorship, corporation, or other entity
- Define when your institution can favor itself before processing a garnishment or levy
- Provide timely, required notices to accountholders regarding garnishments or levies
Many financial institutions handle garnishments and levies daily. But has your staff received proper training? Foregoing training can expose your institution to significant liability. This webinar will cover all aspects of garnishments and levies, and the situations in which they are served. Learn the steps in properly handling these legal documents, such as identifying accounts, placing account holds, answering interrogatories, notifying the accountholder, and remitting funds. You also will learn the special requirements and procedures for accounts that receive federal benefit payments.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit deposit operations personnel, account service representatives, tellers, collectors, compliance personnel, privacy officers, auditors, attorneys, and managers.
- Garnishment of Accounts Containing Federal Benefit Payments issued by the Department of the Treasury
- Sample accountholder notice form
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Consumer Bankruptcy: Compliance, Cramdowns & More"
Thursday, April 30, 2020
"Deposit Account Series: Compliance at Account Opening"
Wednesday, January 15, 2020
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.