This is a 90-minute webinar.
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Freeze! There’s a robber! Survival may depend on thoughtful, careful decisions. The kind of decisions you make based on expert advice and training. Conversely, untrained staff’s inadvertent actions can rain down danger. This consequential session will be conducted by two highly skilled security experts. You’ll learn how to behave during a robbery, what to do immediately afterward, and how to address potentially traumatic after-effects.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain what “crime prevention through environmental design” means to your institution
- Describe how criminals “case” financial institutions
- Discuss the role of social media in robberies
- Articulate which industry changes may have been influenced by COVID-19
- Understand how improper handling of cash dispensers or cash recycler units can become a nightmare in a robbery
- Appreciate why emotional support is necessary for staff after a robbery
Most people don’t know why they are targeted for robbery or criminal attacks. This no-nonsense presentation will explain how criminals think when observing how financial institutions operate. It will also address the importance of training. During a robbery, untrained staff may react in a way that increases the danger for everyone. Back office staff should be trained differently than the frontline; their panicked actions could also cause major problems. This lively program will focus on exactly what you should do when met with the unknown.
Robberies are traumatic events from which many scenarios can arise. This is one of the few programs that will address the aftereffects. Reactions vary widely. Events that might seem minor to some, will require counseling for others – even if no money was taken. When serious robberies occur, counseling is a must and how you handle the first 24 hours can be critical to getting your staff back on the job.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit everyone at your financial institution – and may influence reactions during a robbery.
- Robbery tips
- Incident report
- Proper employee conduct during and after a robbery
- What the robbery packet should contain
- Witness list form
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.