9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Maintaining your institution’s perfected security interest depends on properly completing and accurately filing the UCC-1. You can’t afford to make a mistake. This line-by-line training will explain how to properly complete and file the UCC-1 and UCC-3 Financing Statements.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Properly complete every section of the UCC-1 Financing Statement and the UCC-3 Financing Statement Amendment
- Distinguish when the UCC-1 Addendum and the UCC-3 Addendum are required
- Determine when a termination is required, versus an amendment or assignment of an existing UCC filing
- Correct an inaccurate or improperly filed UCC-1 Financing Statement
- Properly proceed when a debtor changes his/her/its name or address
Filing a UCC-1 Financing Statement is the most frequently used method to perfect an institution’s security interest in collateral. Completing the UCC-1 form and determining the appropriate filing office can be tricky. An improperly completed or improperly filed UCC-1 can result in losing your institution’s perfected security interest. This webinar will explain how to properly complete each section of the UCC-1 and where to file it in every type of consumer and commercial situation. In addition, filing a UCC-3 Financing Statement Amendment is required in various situations, such as when your institution needs to extend, amend, assign, or terminate an existing UCC filing. Learn when you must file the UCC-3 and how to properly complete it.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit staff involved in the credit process, including loan operations personnel, loan officers, compliance staff, auditors, attorneys, and managers.
- Official UCC-1 Financing Statement and Addendum and instructions
- Official UCC-3 Financing Statement Amendment and Addendum and instructions
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"UCC Article 9: Perfection Pitfalls & Proper Enforcement"
June 4, 2020
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.