9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Collateral rarely repays loans. If your borrower defaults, do you know your institution’s lien priority? Are you protected from other lienholders? How do you know? Join us as we investigate the key lien perfection techniques needed to ensure your loans are secured as intended.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand how to obtain a security interest in collateral
- Determine the important terms to include in a security agreement to protect your institution
- Use the proper method of perfection for each type of collateral – UCC-1 filing versus possession versus third-party control agreement
- Explain the priority of competing security interests
- Create a purchase money security interest with priority over an existing UCC-1 filing
Lenders must properly obtain and perfect a security interest in collateral to maintain priority. Making a mistake in the perfection process generally results in large losses to the lender. This webinar will explain how to obtain and perfect security interests in UCC Article 9 collateral, including accounts, equipment, inventory, farm products, general intangibles, contract rights, stocks, and mutual funds. It will address situations where filing a UCC-1, taking possession, or obtaining a third-party control agreement is required for perfection, and explain which method gives your institution priority. We will also discuss how your institution can create a purchase money security interest to take priority over an existing UCC-1 filing.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit loan officers, loan operations personnel, credit administration personnel, collection staff, compliance officers, attorneys, managers, and others involved in the collateral perfection process.
- Copy of UCC-1 Financing Statement and Addendum, including instructions
- Sample form of control agreement
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"UCC-1 & UCC-3 Financing Statements Line-by-Line: Filing, Amending & Renewing"
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
"Commercial Lending Series: Commercial Loan Documentation"
Wednesday, February 12, 2020
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.