10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Are you offering deposit accounts or loans to marijuana- or hemp-related businesses? What does the board need to consider? What are the compliance requirements? Learn the details necessary to make an informed decision with this timely program.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Distinguish between hemp-related, marijuana-related, and CBD businesses
- Understand the requirements of the USDA Interim Final Rule for industrial hemp and FinCEN’s marijuana-related business (MRB) guidance
- Update your compliance program, including risk assessment, monitoring, and training
- Establish an initial and ongoing due diligence process
- Discuss legislation on the horizon for banking marijuana-related businesses
Thirty-three states have now legalized some form of marijuana. In addition, the Hemp Farming Act of 2018 legalized industrial hemp and hemp-derived CBD at the federal level – creating an entirely new industry with accountholders in need of deposit accounts, loans, and other financial products. Will your institution provide services to marijuana-related businesses? Hemp-related businesses? Both?
Many financial institutions are hesitant to serve these businesses due to perceived risks and confusion about marijuana- and hemp-related laws. Where do you start? What are the risks? What initial and ongoing due diligence and reporting will be expected? This session will answer these questions and more.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for board members, senior management, BSA officers, compliance officers, and internal auditors.
- Sample BSA policy language
- Sample BSA risk assessment, incorporating MRBs and HRBs
- Red flags for marijuana-related businesses
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Lending to Hemp Businesses,
Including Recent USDA Interim Hemp Production Guidance"
Wednesday, January 8, 2020
"Banking Cannabis Businesses: Hemp, CBD, THC & More"
Tuesday, February 18, 2020
"Effective & Compliant Pre-Employment Background Checks"
Thursday, August 27, 2020
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.