Account Documentation Series:
Opening Deposit Accounts Online: Rules, Risks & Best Practices
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Electronic banking continues to evolve, and financial institutions must work hard to keep pace with technology, regulatory requirements, and cyber security challenges. Recent surveys indicate that 51% of U.S. adults use an online banking application. This fast-paced session will cover the required disclosures for opening deposit accounts, E-SIGN compliance, due diligence for CIP under the Bank Secrecy Act, and best practices for opening deposit accounts online. This session will include a review of the six-step process for consumer consent and common challenges with deposit account opening procedures.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Which deposit regulations are related to E-SIGN and have specific compliance provisions?
- Common questions for E-SIGN
- Six-step consumer consent process
- Availability of paper delivery or paper copies
- Consent choices
- Consumer actions
- Hardware and software requirements
- Affirmative consent
- After-consent disclosure
- Basic steps for E-SIGN implementation
- Getting started and CIP due diligence
- Identify pain points
- Vendor selection considerations
- Assessing the risk – current expectations from the FFIEC for cyber security risk assessment
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Current exam procedures and resources for online banking
- E-SIGN checklist and answers to common questions
- Social media policy template
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will address e-banking compliance and will benefit compliance officers, risk managers, operations managers, business development managers, and others responsible for managing online banking, E-SIGN compliance, e-statements, and e-disclosures.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide credit union webinar training and education on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. To learn more, join our mailing list.