Planning & Compliance Considerations for the New Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac Uniform Residential Loan Application
Monday, October 16, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The new Uniform Residential Loan Application (URLA) brings significant changes to a document that has remained largely unchanged for nearly 20 years. It is a form the financial industry knows well and relies on every day. While these changes are expected to make the form more efficient and consumer friendly than the current version, there will likely be issues that should be considered throughout the implementation process. Don’t be caught off guard by the significant changes to this document.
Although the industry is waiting for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to provide a new effective date, now is the time to start planning for implementation. Join us for this line-by-line review of the new form and obtain implementation tips to ensure your staff is ready.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Additional fields on the revised URLA
- Analysis of loan purpose and how it relates to HMDA and TRID
- Implications for Regulation B
- Capturing information on multiple applicants
- How to handle collection of new disaggregated government-monitoring information
- Implementation tips
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Cheat sheet to determine purpose for URLA, HMDA, and TRID
- Implementation action plan
- URLA demographic addendum
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan officers, lending staff, compliance personnel, and anyone who completes or relies on information documented on the URLA.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide credit union webinars on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. For more information on credit union education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.