9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Which regulations apply to commercial loans? What if a loan is secured by real estate? Are there exceptions when real estate is taken as an “abundance of caution”? Do your commercial lenders and support staff understand the data collection required for HMDA-reportable applications? Is a written application required for a business-purpose loan? Can examiners assess civil money penalties for violations? Attend this webinar to learn the commercial loan application process step-by-step (including real-life examples that illustrate the regulations in easy-to-understand terms) and assure examiners that your commercial lenders have received current compliance training.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Overview of commercial loan compliance hot spots, including fair housing, Regulation B, Flood Disaster Protection Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, accommodation loans, HMDA, and insider lending
- High-level review of BSA requirements, including the new Beneficial Ownership Requirements for Legal Entity Customers effective May 11, 2018
- How to determine whether the application is for business or consumer purposes
- Compliance requirements when real estate is taken as collateral
- Compliance with Regulation B appraisal rules on loan applications secured by a first lien on 1-4 family dwellings (no business-purpose exception)
- Common commercial loan violations when real estate has been taken as collateral
- Overview of HMDA requirements and changes to business-purpose loans for the rules effective January 1, 2018 (important exemptions for agricultural-purpose loan applications)
- Flood insurance challenges with commercial buildings and collateral, including new rules for “detached structure on residential property” with a commercial purpose
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Matrix of 28 loan types; required disclosures for both consumer and commercial loans with explanations about real-estate-secured loans
- Outline of compliance regulations that apply to commercial credit and rule exemptions
- Commercial loan application template
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will provide a greater understanding of commercial loan applications, including real-estate-secured loans. It will benefit loan officers, loan assistants, loan operations staff, compliance officers, auditors, and trainers.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.