9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
With increased examination focus on fair lending, regulators are carefully scrutinizing denial notices for compliance with Regulation B and fair lending standards. This webinar will cover proper and timely handling of denial notices in accordance with Reg B. In addition, it will address how to include denials in your sample for internal comparative file review for fair lending compliance.
Since examiners are turning up the heat on adverse action notices, your staff must know the ins and outs of the compliance requirements. Accurate completion of adverse action notices is important for several reasons:
- Their accuracy and timeliness are reviewed during compliance exams
- Adverse action notices are the cornerstone to fair lending examinations
- Inconsistent, inaccurate notices could cause your institution to be required to go back six months, review past notices, and resend accurate denial notices. (Imagine the reaction of a past, unsuccessful borrower who receives a reminder denial notice!)
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Inquiry vs. application? Clear identification and documentation of when you have an application is key
- FACT Act requirements for denial notices
- What are the requirements for incomplete or withdrawn applications?
- Handling counteroffers
- Common errors in completing adverse action notices
- Second reviews of adverse action notices for fair lending purposes
- Comparative file review for fair lending on denials
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Cheat sheet to help lending staff understand what each denial reason on the notice means and which ones to use in different scenarios
- Sample fair lending policy statement that links adverse action and fair lending
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Finance Charges: Getting It Right!"
Thursday, May 3, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is necessary for all loan officers, loan processors responsible for denials, compliance officers, and auditors.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.