What Directors Should Know About Risk Management
Thursday, September 14, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Financial institutions take on risk with every product and service provided in lending, operations, deposits, marketing, etc. The board is ultimately responsible for ensuring management is on track in identifying, measuring, monitoring, and mitigating risk whenever possible. This program will set forth which types of risk are most important to the board, what types of reporting should be expected from management to keep directors apprised, and how these risks can be mitigated.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Four components of risk management every director should understand
- Different types of risk the credit union faces every day, with real-life examples
- What to look for in your credit union's risk management assessment when presented for board approval
- How directors' input in board discussions and decisions mitigate risk for the credit union
- Current hot buttons in risk management
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Cheat sheet of the categories of risks and red flags directors should watch in order to identify and mitigate risk
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Don’t Miss the Other Director Series Webinars!
|Sign up for the entire series and receive 6 webinars for the price of 5!|
|Click here to learn more about the Director Series|
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for both new and experienced directors, as well as senior management.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide credit union webinars on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. For more information on credit union education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.